Friday, September 25, 2009

Chasing Rainbows

Rainbow

I am an extrovert. I LOVE to be with people and I love to make them laugh. I have for a long time now desired a core group of friends. You know the kind that really know you and STILL want to be your friend. The ones that you can have conflict with and still be friends after. The plan seem great. Except for two things. I need to really believe that if someone gets to know me they will still like me and all my issues! Hum. That's an issue in itself. The other is I keep chasing rainbows. I have invest too much time and energy in people who do not care for or love me. They want to hang out if no one else is available. They seem like fun great people and for others they are. I run after them like I would a rainbow. It seem beautiful and inviting as it streaks across the sky. The problem is you can never catch it. If you chase after a rainbow and it is never attainable and eventually it will go away. The sad part of this that I have people in my life that want to be with me. The believe in me, pray for me, enjoy my company. Yet I miss out because I'm off chasing rainbows...... Well no more. I have realized that no matter how fast I run I will be disapointed. There is no pot of gold at the end. I'm goingt o invest in the beautiful friends God has brought into my life and the want to experience this crazy ride with me. Even if I'm only there for the comic relief!!!!:)

3 comments:

  1. I am here friend to chase that pot of gold with you. I have known you for years now, in and out of each others lives, and I am still here, and love you. I love you, your family, and the comic relief is a bonus!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your honesty is refreshing. Sorry that I haven't always been the friend you have needed. I'm working on it. Would you like work on it together?

    ReplyDelete
  3. lisa@lisaandbritt.comNovember 4, 2009 at 1:19 PM

    have you prayed for good, solid, core friends? i did a few years ago and God knocked my socks off ...

    ReplyDelete