Monday, March 26, 2007

Holding back

Do you ever get the feeling that if you are too real and open on here that people will think there is something wrong with you? Like there is something lost in the typing that you can't see. When you tell someone something face to face you can read their tone and redirect the point if needed. Or then there is the fear you could open up and put it all out there looking for hope and encouragement only to find that after one week your comments are zero and stats are 2 and worse yet those where google searches that pulled up your picture titles. To blog or not to blog that is my question.....



4 comments:

  1. That is THE question, isn't it! To blog or not to blog. Be assured that I do read AND comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, non commentors suck. That doesnt mean we dont read though. Blogging in somewhat impersonal but its a good way to let out thoughts without having to appologize or explain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read also. I have a feedreader that I use to let me know when you have posted. I always read the new posts. Maybe the feedreader doesn't actually up your stats when I read? The downfall of the feedreader is that it isn't easy to comment when you read posts that way. Don't feel alone. You have readers out here.
    I agree on loosing the personal tone though. Sometimes people can misunderstand what it is typed. We have to be careful about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think alot of people read, but don't blog or comment. Does it really matter what people think of what you say? I think when I am blogging about something more personal I compare it to yelling crap out the car window as you are driving. Yeah people hear you but do they really know you? And it makes me feel better because I got it out there and it wasn't directed at any one person. Unless of course you are asking for someone's opinion, like on trees to plant!

    ReplyDelete